Tuesday, May 16, 2006

*DrumFARCE(?)*

Letters To the Editor
DCN June 5, 1963 issue

To the Editor:
I've attended the Prince Drumfest for the past four years and after seeing this year's fiasco, I think it should be changed to the Prince DrumFARSE.

I think it is quite evident that for the past few years the Big-Power and Name corps have been leaning back on their reputations and what is worse, the judges allow this. I think it is about time that the Big Name reputation corps get the score they deserve. I think it is also time that the less popular and small name corps get the score they deserve.

I sincerely feel that the time has come for Kevin's, Garfield, and Revere to be knocked out of their "annual berths" and corps like Charlestown, Crusaders, and Warriors to win the contests that they so rightly deserve.

Sincerely,
Bertram Gould
Hyde Park, Mass.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home